Vacation Watch Request Form
Criteria for House Watch
- Must be gone at least 2 weeks in order to request a watch.
- There is a 30 day limit per request If you are going to be gone longer than 30 days you will need to call and RENEW the watch for the additional days needed. If you fail to call and renew the watch will expire.
- Fill out the form completely providing necessary and helpful information regarding your home.
Vacation Watch Program is managed and maintained by our Volunteer Services, please contact Wendy Edwards our Volunteer Coordinator for further information regarding the program or to Renew your Vacation House Watch.
520-421-8711 ext #6140
This service is available only to those residents living within the city limits of Casa Grande and the maximum time for vacation watch is 30 days.
Is your home going to be unattended for an extended amount of time? If so, don’t leave your home as an easy target for a burglar. You can reduce the possibility that your home will be burglarized or vandalized while you are gone by using the following checklist before you leave:
- Arrange with a neighbor to pick up and hold your mail and newspapers so they don’t pile up. If this is not possible, notify your news carrier and the post office to hold these deliveries.
- Make arrangements to have the lawn mowed and watered while you are gone.
- Have a neighbor check daily to remove papers and circulars left on your door and in your yard.
- If you have valuables in your home, take them to your bank deposit box or other secure location.
- Deposit extra cash in your bank account.Make sure any broken windows, door locks, or window locks are repaired and that all sliding doors and windows are secured with a bar or dowel.
- Set lamp timers to turn on lights and a radio or TV periodically in the evening to give your home a lived-in look.
- Arrange with a neighbor or relative to watch your home and give them a spare key. Let them know where and how you can be reached in case of an emergency. Write their telephone number down so you can check with them during the trip.
- Let them know of anyone that might have legitimate access to the house while you are away.
- Make certain that all windows and doors are closed and locked.
- Lock your garage door(s).
- Take a walk around the house and check all doors and windows.
Vacation Watch Form
Use this fillable form to print and submit the vacation watch request in person at the Police Department or use the online form below.