In 2009, the City contracted the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) for a survey and study of the operations of the Casa Grande Police Department. The final report made numerous, specific recommendations and outlined steps that would help enhance the operation and services of the Police Department.
The Police Department now has a 5 year strategic plan to guide the department toward the future it plans to pursue in its continuing commitment to deliver superior performance, effective allocation of resources, and excellence in law enforcement services to the Casa Grande community. The strategic planning process involved the participation of 40 department personnel representing command personnel, sergeants, corporals, detectives, officers, civilian staff members, and members of the Police Advisory Board. The strategic plan includes a mission statement, a vision, core values, strategic focus areas, goals and objectives.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Reduction in crime and increase in traffic safety
- Increased departmental productivity and proactive performance
- Highly effective communications and organizational alignment
- Innovative use of technology, facilities and organizational elements
- Exemplary recruitment, selection and retention of human resources
- Enhanced training and organizational development
“This plan is designed to follow an already strong foundation that has been built over the years between the department and the citizens of Casa Grande,” noted Police Chief Robert Huddleston. “Through our community policing efforts we have formed partnerships that will help us fulfill our goals and objectives to provide Casa Grande with excellent law enforcement services.”