Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
Choose products with packaging that can be recycled or reused.
Reuse household articles such as bags, boxes and plastic containers.
Reduce, Reuse & Recycle – it saves landfill space, reduces pollution and preserves our scarce resources.
What Does Casa Grande Recycle?
- Newspaper – Inserts included.
- Cardboard – Regular corrugated cardboard boxes, broken down flat with excessive tape removed.
- Chipboard – Lightweight cardboard such as cracker and cereal boxes; any non-coated light-weight cardboard.
- Aluminum Cans – Soda, juice and beer cans.
- Plastic labeled on the bottom: #1 PETE, #2 HDPE, #3 PVC, #4 LDPE, #5 PP, #6 PS and others. Examples include: clear and colored drink bottles, laundry detergent jugs and shampoo bottles.
- Magazines and Catalogs.
- White Paper and junk mail.
- Phone books.
- Tin or metal food cans
- Batteries, Paint and Pesticides – Residents need to bring to the landfill for recycling – Residential Only.
Items not accepted for recycling:
- No plastic bags. Grocery and shopping bags are accepted at Albertsons, Food City, Fry’s, Fry’s Market Place, Safeway and Target. Please refer to your local directory for locations and phone numbers.
- No multi-type products (concentrated juice cans). These containers contain cardboard, plastic and metal that we cannot separate.
- No wax coated cardboard (milk, ice cream and juice containers).
- No glass, ceramic jars, dishes, oven ware, window glass, crystal and mirrors.
- No tires: Residents can call Pinal County Recovery Center at 520-868-6685
- No Styrofoam
- No Motoroil or Anti-freeze No household trash or other miscellaneous items that should be put in the garbage.
- Please make sure there are NO VEHICLES BLOCKING your recycling bins on your pick up days.
- It is not necessary to separate your recyclables. If you need additional containers, please contact Public Works Department at (520) 421-8625.
- The City does not have a hazardous waste collection program. Contact ADEQ at 1-800-234-5677 for hazardous material information.
To Our Recycling Customers:
Our recycling program has been operating successfully for 23 years, thanks to your cooperation!
If you have any questions or comments regarding our recycling program, please contact the Public Works Division at 520-421-8625 or contact the Landfill at 520-421-8628.
Landfill Recycling Drop-off site:
The following items are accepted for recycling when dropped off at the landfill recycling center: batteries, latex – water based paints, fluorescent light bulbs and electronic equipment. Please do not place these items out for curb side pick up. They will not be accepted.
The landfill is located at 5200 S. ChuiChu Rd in Casa Grande.
All types of batteries and light bulbs are also able to be dropped off at Batteries + Bulbs, located at 1275 E. Florence Blvd, Suite 6. Contact them at 520-421-1111 with any questions on what they will accept for recycling.
Recycling Collection Hours
Please put your recycling container out by the curb before 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day (or the night before).
Holiday Recycle Schedule
If the holiday is on a Monday:
Recycling collection normally picked up on Monday is picked up on Tuesday along with normal Tuesday pick up.
If the holiday is on a Tuesday:
Recycling collection normally picked up on Tuesday is picked up on Wednesday along with normal Wednesday pick up.
If the holiday is on Wednesday:
Recycling collection normally picked up Wednesday is picked up on Thursday along with normal Thursday pick up.
If the holiday is on a Thursday:
Recycling collection normally picked up on Thursday is picked up on Friday along with normal Friday pick up.
If the holiday is on a Friday:
Recycling collection normally picked up on Friday is picked up on Saturday.