Please place your container out by the curb before 6 a.m. on your scheduled pickup days (or the night before). Due to the large number of containers collected everyday, we do not return to pickup containers that were placed out late.
Please remember to remove your container from the curb the same day it is serviced.
Your trash is picked up twice a week on the following days:
Monday and Thursday
Tuesday and Friday
The City operates on a six week collection schedule (divided into six collection zones) to pick up uncontained trash in the alleys and from residents requesting curb side pick up.
Residents with alleys are requested to place uncontained trash for collection the weekend before the scheduled collection week. Residents with an alley are responsible for maintaining the alley free of litter and trash up to the center line of the alley. The exception is for the placement of uncontained trash in the alley for scheduled zone collection. Please place the items behind your own property for uncontained trash collection.
Residents with curbside service are requested to place uncontained trash no earlier than the day before the scheduled collection day. Residents with curbside service must call to schedule a pick up by 4:00 p.m. Friday prior to the scheduled collection day at (520) 421-8625. Sanitation crews will begin collecting the trash at 6:00 a.m. on the Monday of the scheduled collection week. Materials must be placed behind the sidewalk on your own property before 6:00 a.m. to assure collection. Please be sure not to place uncontained trash materials on or near utilities (gas, water, or electrical meters). Information on the collection schedule and collection zone maps can be obtained on the City website at www.casagrandeaz.gov or call (520) 421-8625.
Request Additional Trash Containers
The City services only residential trash containers provided by the City. A second or additional trash container can be provided and serviced twice per week for an additional $11 per month. Please contact (520) 421-8625 to schedule delivery.
Trash and Recycling Holiday Schedule
The City of Casa Grande observes the following holidays for 2015:
- New Year’s Day – Wednesday, January 1st
- Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 19th
- President’s Day – Monday, February 16th
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 25th
- Independence Day – Saturday, July 4th (landfill closed)
- Labor Day – Monday, September 7th
- Thanksgiving – Thursday & Friday, November 26th & 27th
- Christmas – Friday, December 25th
If the holiday is on Monday:
- Residential trash collection normally picked up on Monday is picked up on Tuesday, and Tuesday collection is picked up on Wednesday.
- Residential recycling collection normally picked up on Monday is picked up on Tuesday along with normal Tuesday pick up.
If the holiday is on Tuesday:
- Residential trash collection normally picked up on Tuesday is picked up on Wednesday.
- Residential recycling collection normally picked up Tuesday is picked up on Wednesday.
If the holiday is on Wednesday:
- Residential trash collection does not take place on Wednesday, so services are not aff ected due to a holiday.
- Residential recycling collection normally picked up Wednesday is picked up on Th ursday along with normal Thursday pick up.
If the holiday is on Thursday:
- Residential trash collection normally picked up on Thursday is picked up on Friday, along with normal Friday pickup.
- Residential recycling collection normally picked up Thursday is picked up Friday along with normal Friday pick up.
If the holiday is on Friday:
- Residential trash collection normally picked up on Friday is picked up on Saturday.
- Residential recycling collection normally picked up Friday is picked up Saturday.
Please help us by doing the following:
- Place your trash container as close to the curb as possible, NOT on the sidewalk with the container handle facing your house.
- Keep the lid on your container closed to reduce the odor and not attract flies.
- Save space by cutting up brush and other large items before placing them in the container.
Please do not:
- Overfill container with brush or other materials. The lid must be closed in order for your container to be serviced.
- Place garbage on the ground around the container. All garbage must be in the container for pickup.
- Place hot ashes, cinders, coals or any other burning materials in the container.
- Fill up your container with concrete, dirt or anything too heavy for our trucks to pick up.
- Place recycling bins next to the trash container.
- Place recycle bins a minimum of 3 feet from your trash container.
- Take container with you when you move.
- Let children play inside or around the container or collection trucks.
Bag & Tie Trash:
- The Sanitation Division would like to remind residents and commercial business that bagging and tying garbage and trash reduces fly breeding, unwanted odors, unsanitary conditions, and spillage of materials on roadways. Refuse that needs to be “bagged and tied” includes all waste consisting of food or vegetable matter, animal waste, diapers and grass clippings. In addition to using standard trash bags, plastic grocery bags serve as an easy way and inexpensive way to contain and secure perishable household wastes.
- Please assist in maintaining a clean and healthy environment by bagging and tying all garbage and grass clippings in plastic bags before placing inside your trash container for collection.
- The City does not clean or replace residential containers due to odors. The following is recommended to remove container odors: 1) mix half gallon water with half gallon of vinegar; 2) empty mixed contents into the empty refuse container (be sure to pour the mixture around the sides of the interior container walls); 3) use garden hose to rinse the container and tip the container upside down to remove the mixture; 4) allow container to completely dry if possible before using for refuse disposal.