Casa Grande is recognized as a municipal leader throughout Arizona. In 2013, the City received numerous awards from various state and national groups. Some of these awards include:
Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Awards:
- Distinguished Budget Presentation Award – 16 Years Award for Excellence in Financial
- Reporting – 22 Years
- Award for Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting – 2nd Year
National Arbor Day Foundation Award: Tree City USA (5th Year)
Playful City USA Designation by Kaboom! (3rd Year)
Arizona Parks & Recreation Association Awards:
- Parks Professional of the Year – Rod Woods, Parks Superintendent
- Adaptive Program Award – STARS, programs for physically and developmentally disabled
- Natural Resources Award – Casa Grande Mountain Trails Project
Casa Grande Police K-9 Unit competed in the Desert Dog Police K-9 Trials:
- Corporal Scott Tracy and K9 Bono placed second in building search and fitth in tactical
- Corporal Tracy and K9 Bono placed third overall in narcotics search and patrol as a team with Officer Scott Reed and K9 Wyatt.
National League of Cities and Towns:
- Four medals were awarded to Casa Grande for action taken to improve access to healhty, affordable food and increase opportunites as part of Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative.
Water Infrastructure Finance Authority (WIFA):
- Best Clean Water Project of the Year – Casa Grande Water Reclamation Facility Expansion
Arizona Water Association:
- Wastewater Treatment Plant of the Year – Small System Category
- Operator of the Year – Wastewater Collection System – Small System Category – Danny Allen
International Code Council:
- All building division staff earned professional certifications from the International Code Council (ICC). The ICC certification program is the oldest, largest and most prestigious credential program for construction code administration and enforcement professionals in the country. Only seven other municipalities in Arizona have staff that is 100% certified by ICC.