- Your Government
As part of the ongoing training for Explorers, members participated in classroom and hands-on hose evolutions. Much like regular firefighter training, explorers were exposed to deploying hoses of differing sizes and lengths and properly loading them back into a ready status on the apparatus. The training is designed to teach explorers the safe and proper use of hoses at fire scenes. Explorers, when fully trained, can deploy hoses and fight real fires, such as car fires, dumpster fires, and small brush fires. Explorers can also deploy large diameter hoses used for fire hydrants when apparatus is at structure fires.
- Gain practical knowledge of career opportunities, life skills, service learning, character education, and leadership experience to encourage the development of the whole person.
- Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles.
- Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and structured environment.
Explorers in the Casa Grande Fire Department program can participate in various activities.
The Casa Grande Fire Explorer Post 911 will provide basic and advanced training to students, allowing them to ride with fire department members and assist in delivering emergency services. Post 911 is also active in voluntary community service projects and fundraising activities that keep the Post self-sustaining. These areas provide the student with a well-rounded education that provides excellent “life experience” for future employment or college.
Participation in Community Functions
- Public Safety Health Fairs
- Middle School Fire Camp
- School Career Days
- Smoke Detector Installation Program
- If you want to learn more about the Casa Grande Fire Explorer Program, please get in touch with us at 520-421-8777.