The City of Casa Grande Animal Care and Adoption Center is proud to announce that it has again received grant funds from the Arizona Companion Animal Spay and Neuter Committee to assist with spay and neuter surgery costs. This is the eighth year the City has been awarded this grant. The grant funds were made available from the support and sales of the Arizona Companion Animal Spay and Neuter Pet Friendly License Plates.
The requirements are as follows:
- There is a limit of two (2) free spay/neuters per household
- You will be required to provide a picture ID at the time of service
- Pets must be at least three (3) months old
- Only residents who reside within the city limits of casa grande and their own pets are eligible for this program
- A rabies vaccination certificate must be presented or one will be provided at the time of the surgery at a cost of $12.
NO RESCUE GROUPS, BREEDERS, FOSTER HOMES OR FERAL CATS WILL BE ACCEPTED. OWNED ANIMALS ONLY.
Pet owners who are interested in receiving a voucher must fill out an application form. Application forms are available at the City of Casa Grande Finance Department (510 E. Florence Blvd., Building B) or by calling the Casa Grande Animal Care and Adoption Center at (520) 426-9300, please wait for our return call. The voucher only covers the cost of the spay or neuter. Once applications have been submitted, staff will call to schedule a surgery date when we have available surgery appointments.
THE SPAY/ NUETER VOUCHER COVERS THE COST OF THE SURGERY ONLY. ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES RECOMMENDED OR REQUIRED BY VETERINARIAN FOR THE SAFETY OR HEALTH OF YOUR PET SUCH AS: OTHER VACCINES, PAIN MEDICATIONS, BLOOD WORK, E-COLLARS, ETC. WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PET OWNER. THE PET OWNER HAS NO OBLIGATION TO RECEIVE ADDITIONAL SERVICES OTHER THAN A RABIES VACCINATION IF NECESSARY. DENYING THE RECOMMENDED OR REQUIRED SERVICES MAY CAUSE RISK TO YOUR PET. THIS CAN RESULT IN THE DENIAL OF SURGERY AND THE VOUCHER BECOMING INVALID.