The Arts and Humanities Commission has partnered with the CG Mosaic Creative Communities Team on the Arizona Public Service (APS) Utility Box Art Program. This program is designed to enhance the Casa Grande community by adding works of art to the streetscapes on surfaces that are often targeted by graffiti. Artwork on utility boxes functions as a form of communication to a moving audience with the goal of creating a safe, inclusive, and interesting environment. Deadline to submit a proposal: March 3, 2023 by 12 pm
- Only local Casa Grande artists are eligible to submit for this Utility Box Art Program
- Artist proposals must include the following:
- a one-page bio
- a one-page written description of the proposal
- conceptual design of the proposal
- Selected artists will be given $500.00 to paint a large utility box and $250.00 to paint a small utility box
- After all the utility boxes have been painted, the Arts and Humanities Commission and CG Mosaic Creative Communities Team will select one winner who will be awarded $500.00.
- Selected artists will be required to sign a public art agreement through the City of Casa Grande and APS, and be held subject to all requirements, deadlines, and restrictions.
Learn more and submit a proposal