The contest is open to amateur photographers of all ages who reside in Casa Grande.
Participants can enter up to 5 photos total in any/all of the five categories:
- Joys and Struggles (Ex. Running around with pets, pandemic projects )
- First Responders and Healthcare Workers,
- Milestones (Ex. baby’s first step, HS graduation)
- New Normal (Ex. virtual learning, family game night, masks, so many masks),
- Still Life (Ex Boarded up local stores, empty toilet paper shelves–no human or animal in the picture)
Photos were taken during Mar 1st, 2020-Mar 31st, 2021
Format: JPEG format up to 20 MB each
Submission Deadline: April 16th, 2021
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the name of the photographer, address, phone number, the title of photograph(s), 1-5 sentences of the backstory of the photo (Ex. Pet when realizes owner is working from home for the foreseeable future, daughter and grandmother’s first meeting, the family game night gets out of hand)
Photos will be judged on quality, creativity, and emotional impact as it relates to the category and overall theme.
Five photos will be selected for each category to be displayed at the Casa Grande Art Museum Exhibit in late April, after which photos will tour the libraries and city hall. The name of the photographer, the title of each photo will be displayed, and 1-5 sentence description/meaning/fact of the piece provided by the photographer.
By entering this contest, you understand your photo may be used to promote and publicize future photo contest of the library itself.