Where do YOU want to go?
Planning the Future of Transit in Casa Grande
Are you interested in transportation options to connect with jobs, educational institutions, medical services, shopping and other key destinations in and around Casa Grande? If so, we want to hear from you!
Tell us at our upcoming meeting:
Thursday, January 25, 2018
5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Dorothy Powell Community Center
405 E. 6th Street
Casa Grande, AZ 85122
About the Transit Development Plan
As Casa Grande continues to grow, additional transportation options are needed. To address this need, the Sun Corridor Metropolitan Planning Organization, in conjunction with the City of Casa Grande, is conducting the Casa Grande Transit Development Plan. The plan has the following objectives:
- Understand existing and future needs and issues
- Establish the goals and objectives for transit service
- Identify transit needs and services
- Develop service alternatives, recommendations and an implementation plan
- Identify a financial plan that will make transit affordable
- Attract transit users
In addition, the study team will conduct three public meetings; interview community stakeholders; and review recent plans, studies and data to understand the transit needs and issues in Casa Grande.
Study Area Map
Plan Development Process and Key Milestones
We Want To Hear From You
Transit can mean a lot of different things depending on the community you live in. In the Casa Grande Transit Development Plan we’ll be discussing transportation options including traditional public buses, vanpool and rideshare services like Uber and Lyft. Public engagement plays a major role in developing the Casa Grande Transit Development Plan. We want to hear from you.
- What are your travel needs and issues?
- Where do you want transit to go?
- What would encourage you to try transit?
Opportunities for Public Input
- First public meeting – February 23, 2017. Meeting attendees provided input on transit needs and desires.
- Second public meeting – May 24, 2017. Meeting attendees provided input on the proposed transit alternatives.
- Third public meeting – January 25, 2018. During this meeting, the team will provide information on the preferred service alternatives in the near and long-term. Comments on the alternatives will be incorporated into the final implementation plan.
Provide Comment through Email or Mail:
- Email Us
- Mail to: Casa Grande Transit Development Plan, c/o Sun Corridor Metropolitan Planning Organization, 211 N Florence Street, Ste. 103, Casa Grande, AZ 85122
For more information on meeting dates and locations as well as special accommodations, please contact the study team via the methods listed below.
Connect With Us