Community Services2021-06-09T10:12:31-07:00

Community Services

The Community Services Department provides the community with quality social and educational opportunities and recreational activity programs for all ages. The department is comprised of the following divisions:

A complete list of all programs, activities, and classes can be found by logging into the ActiveNet portal.

Community Services Mission Statement

The mission of the Community Services Department is to improve the lives of the entire community by providing exceptional experiences.

Dorothy Powell Senior Center

The Dorothy Powell Senior Center provides residents the opportunity to experience recreational, cultural and educational programming in a friendly atmosphere. The Dorothy Powell Senior Center is open to individuals 50 years of age or older. Tours and an explanation of programs are available during normal operating hours. Learn more.

Resources for Seniors

In an effort to support our senior community, we are providing information about resources available to senior citizens needing assistance during COVID-19 closures. Read more.

For additional assistance or resources dial 2-1-1 or visit www.arizonatogether.org


405 East Sixth Street
Casa Grande AZ 85122

Main: (520) 421-8760
Senior Meals Program & Transportation: (520) 421-8765

Hours of Operation:

Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:30 pm

Dave White Golf Course

The Dave White Golf Course is an 18 hole, par 72 championship course located along the North Branch of the Santa Cruz Wash. Dave White is the only Municipal Golf Course in Pinal County and is open year round for great golfing in Casa Grande.

For more information, visit the Dave White Golf Course page.


The Casa Grande Public Libraries serve as a destination and a valuable asset for the community’s enrichment, enjoyment, and educational needs. The City of Casa Grande has two libraries conveniently located that offer several programs and classes. Please visit the library page by clicking the link below.

For more information, visit the Library page.

Parks, Facilities, and Trails

The City of Casa Grande is home to 19 parks, 17 miles of trails, and many sports fields and open spaces.  These vital amenities provide the community with access to a number of year-round outdoor recreational opportunities.

For more information, visit the Facilities, Parks, and Trails page.


The Recreation Division provides classes and activities for all ages and skill levels, in addition to the coordination of family-oriented special events throughout the year. The Recreation Division also oversees the City of Casa Grande’s pool facility, the Palm Island Family Aquatic Park.

Recreation Guide

For more information, visit the Aquatics page.

For more information, visit the Recreation Classes and Events page.

Does the library offer wireless printing?2017-09-05T13:38:24-07:00

Yes, there are three ways you can print wirelessly from your device and pick up your print job at the library.

1)      Send an email attachment to the library where you want to pick up your print:

Main Library- cgpl-mainlibrary-bw@printspots.com (black & white)  -or- cgpl-mainlibrary-color@printspots.com (color)

Vista Grande Library- cgpl-vistagrande-bw@printspots.com (black & white)   -or-  cgpl-vistagrande-color@printspots.com (color)

2)      Upload documents at: Main Library- http://www.printeron.net/cgpl/mainlibrary   Vista Grande Library- http://www.printeron.net/cgpl/vistagrande

3)      Download the free mobile printing app PrinterOn. You can use the app to search for public printing services wherever you go.

How can I volunteer?2020-10-05T15:58:56-07:00

Please try back at a later date. Due to COVID 19, we are unable to have volunteers at this time.

How do I pay my fine?2020-10-05T15:57:24-07:00

You can pay online with a credit card or PayPal. You’ll need your library card and PIN to pay online.

How do I renew materials?2017-08-07T18:22:55-07:00

Library materials may be renewed in one of four ways.

  1. You can call the library at 520-421-8710 and ask a staff member to renew your items for you. Please have your library card ready.
  2. If you know your PIN, you can call our automated renewal line at 520-866-6032.
  3. You can bring in your materials to the library to renew on the self-checkout machines.
  4. You can renew the items yourself online. From cglibrary.org select the menu item My Account.
Do you have meeting rooms or study rooms available for reservation?2017-08-07T18:20:48-07:00

There are a variety of rooms available at both library branches. Please call the library and we’ll help you decide what type of room will meet your needs.

What do ramadas include?2017-07-13T23:15:45-07:00
  • Ramadas are reserved as is. Most ramadas are equipped with electricity, picnic tables, grills, play equipment or other amenities.
  • The Parks and Recreation Divisions do not guarantee the availability of power due to overloading, malfunctions, or vandalism.
  • Picnic tables in the park are available on a first come, first served basis. We cannot guarantee the placement of tables due to the mobility of this equipment.
  • Barbecue grills are provided throughout the parks for your enjoyment. Open-pit fires are prohibited.
Are there restroom facilities?2017-07-13T23:14:44-07:00

Park restrooms are open from approximately 7 am to dusk. Keys are available with a park reservation with a $60 key deposit (cash or check). Keys can be picked up the business day before the event, deposit returned upon keys being returned.

Are inflatables or vendors allowed in the parks?2017-07-13T23:14:00-07:00
  • Personally owned inflatables are not permitted in City parks.
  • Park users must use a vendor that meets City requirements (City business license and certificate of liability insurance). Park users must notify the Parks and Recreation Office at least a week prior to reservation date.
  • No water. Inflatables that require water such as slip & slides, dunk tanks, water tag, water balloons, etc. are not permitted.
  • Autos, trucks, vans or other motorized vehicles may not be driven in/on or parked upon any off-the-road area (City Ordinance #12.04.160).
  • There shall be no sale of any kind of goods in the park without prior approval from the Community Services Director and business authorization obtained from the City. In addition, the Community Services Director may require additional information such as Certificate of Liability Insurance, additional deposits, etc. (City Ordinance #12.04.020).
What happens if there are fires, trash, and vandalism?2017-07-13T23:12:43-07:00
  • The areas reserved shall be left in an orderly condition and all papers, rubbish and other debris shall be deposited in the proper receptacles. (City Ordinance #12.04.040, #12.04.100).
  • No glass allowed in any park. (City Ordinance #12.04.110).
  • There shall be no cutting of any vegetation or mutilation of trees or shrubs.
  • No fires shall be made in the park except in designated fireplaces or fire rings as approved by the Community Services Director.
  • Damage and/or litter to facilities may result in charges and may jeopardize your privilege to make future reservations. If you see vandalism in a park area or facility, please call 911, Park Rangers at 520-421-8700, or the Parks and Recreation Office at 520-421-8677.
What constitutes a special event?2017-07-13T23:11:06-07:00

Events open to the public or private events utilizing vendor services and specialty items, such as catering, event organizers, rock walls, game booths, canopies/tents 10′ x 10′ or larger, dog shows, or anything City staff determines as having risk potential will be assessed utilizing the special event process. Please contact the office for an application.

Are alcoholic beverages allowed?2017-07-13T23:09:31-07:00

Consumption of alcoholic beverages within Peart, O’Neil, Nutt and Elliott Park require a permit. Permits are free and issued to the responsible party for the event. Permits must be obtained in person at the Parks & Recreation Office.

Can we have live or amplified music?2017-07-13T23:08:54-07:00

There shall be no amplified music without prior approval from the Community Services Director (City Ordinance 12.04.040)

  • There are three parks (Dave White, Peart, and Villago) in which amplified music is currently allowed with certain restrictions. In all cases, noise levels within all parks must remain at an acceptable level.
  • All amplified music must cease by 8:00 pm at Dave White Park and Villago Community Park, and by 10:30 at Peart Park.
  • Music must be kept at a reasonable level to avoid disturbance to other park users and nearby residents.
  • Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in loss of amplified music privileges.
Which parks have a first come, first serve policy?2017-07-13T23:06:22-07:00
  • Albert Cruz Park
  • Burruss Park
  • Gilbert Park
  • Mosley Park
  • North Mountain Park
  • Rancho Grande Park
  • Rotary Park
  • West Park
Which parks are reservable?2017-07-13T23:04:53-07:00
  • Carr McNatt Park
  • Ed Hooper Rodeo Park
  • Elzy Pearson Shooting Range
  • Dave White Regional Park
  • North Mountain Park
  • O’Neil Park
  • Peart Park
  • Villago Community Park
Can I receive a refund if there was bad weather?2017-07-13T23:02:35-07:00

No refunds are issued. If your event is rained out, please contact our office within three working days to receive credit and reschedule your event.

Credits can be applied to other reservation fees and/or other recreation program fees.

Are motorized vehicles allowed on Casa Grande Mountain?2017-05-04T18:32:42-07:00

No, the trail system on Casa Grande Mountain is only for use by hiking, biking, and equestrian means. The use of motorized vehicles is forbidden and posted on-site.

How do I reserve a facility for an event or special occasion?2017-07-13T22:59:17-07:00

A number of City facilities are available to be rented for private uses. For a complete listing of the facilities, dates of availability, and prices, please contact the Recreation Office at (520) 421-8677.

Local groups may reserve a city park by notifying the Parks & Recreation Office no less than seven days prior to the date of use, although the more notice we can be given, the better your chances are of securing a park.

We strive to make our programs, parks, activities, and facilities accessible to all. Please let us know what accommodations you require to make your participation more enjoyable.

Park areas may be closed for service or maintenance. Please contact the Parks & Recreation Office if you have any questions.

Where are the trailheads for Casa Grande Mountain?2017-07-05T18:04:15-07:00

Casa Grande Mountain has two trailheads that hikers may use to access the trail system.  The northern Peart Road Trailhead can be found at 1086 S. Peart Rd. The second trailhead, known as the Arica Road Trailhead, is located on the eastern portion of the mountain and can be accessed at 2090 E. Arica Rd. Click here to view the Casa Grande Mountain Trail Map.

How do I determine the proper swim lesson class for my child?2017-07-05T18:40:31-07:00

The City’s swim lesson program is affiliated with the Starfish Aquatics Institute Swimming Program. Classes are offered based on the age and skill level of the participant. A listing of classes as well as age requirements and prerequisites can be found by clicking here. For more information or additional questions, please contact our Recreation Office at (520) 421-8677.

When are classes and programs updated and when can I register?2017-07-05T18:10:25-07:00

The Recreation Division offers classes throughout the year during three different periods: Spring, Summer, and Fall. Spring classes are able to be viewed and registered for in December, Summer classes are able to be viewed in April and registration opens in May, and Fall classes are able to be viewed and registered for in August. Current offerings can be viewed by clicking here.

Do all classes require pre-registration or are drop-ins allowed?2017-07-05T18:11:50-07:00

Some classes offered do allow drop-in payment in place of registration, in the event a participant would like to try the class before enrolling or is not available to attend every class offered.  The classes that allow drop-in participation will list that option in the class description, which can be viewed here.

Am I allowed to bring my dog to an event in a park?2017-05-04T16:46:18-07:00

Dogs are allowed in all City parks as long as they are on leash and properly supervised.  Pet owners are responsible for cleanup of their animals.

Is there a charge to attend City events?2017-05-04T16:45:21-07:00

Almost all events offered by the City are completely free of charge to attend and participate in.  Any events that do require a fee will be specified in the event description.  Additionally, outside vendors do attend some City events and may charge for goods or services.

I am interested in holding a special event in Casa Grande. What do I need to do?2017-04-18T23:57:48-07:00

To host a special event in a public place or park in the City of Casa Grande, please contact our Recreation Office to obtain a Special Event Permit Application.  Once this application is submitted, a meeting will be scheduled with the applicant and members of major City Departments to discuss the event and any request that may be made for City support.  Meetings are scheduled on the first and third Thursdays of each month and applicants are required to attend.  For more information, contact our Recreation Office at (520) 421-8677.

How do I register for recreation programs or classes?2017-07-05T18:12:41-07:00

Click here to search and/or register online for a class or program offered through the Recreation Department. Class names, schedules, requirements, and fees are listed for each offering. Registration is available online for all classes, but will require that an account be created through the Active.com portal. Once this account is created, family members can be added and all payments and registrations can be made. Registration is also accepted in person at the Recreation Office. For any questions, contact the Recreation Office at (520) 421-8677.

How do I reserve a sports field or open space?2017-04-18T23:46:17-07:00

To reserve a sports field or open space, please visit the Recreation Office and obtain a Field Request form. This form lists all fees and requirements for use of City fields. Fees vary based on desired use and field preparation request. Lights are included in the hourly fee for field use and will be scheduled with a 15 minute grace period following the end of the rental. The Field Request form must be completed in full with payment at the time of reservation. To check availability of fields, please contact the Recreation Office at (520) 421-8677.

How do I reserve a park ramada?2017-04-18T23:46:36-07:00

The City allows ramadas to be reserved in any City park that also has a restroom amenity. Reservations can be made over the phone or in-person. There is a fee of $6.25 per hour to reserve a ramada and a minimum of a four hour reservation is required. Payment is due at the time of reservation and a notice of seven business days is required for all reservations. To check availability or to reserve a ramada, please contact the Recreation Office at (520) 421-8677.

Can I host a golf tournament at the golf course?2017-04-18T23:08:41-07:00

Yes, the Dave White Golf Course hosts many tournaments throughout the year. Please call (520) 836-9216 to check availability of dates.

Are there food and drinks available for purchase at the golf course?2017-04-18T22:55:59-07:00

Yes, the Dave White Golf Course Pro Shop has a fully stocked bar and soft drink cooler, as well as a small menu of food items. The facility also provides an on-course beverage cart.

How do I book a tee time at Dave White?2020-07-27T08:37:01-07:00

Tee times can be booked up to five (5) days in advance by calling the Pro Shop at (520) 836-9216 or can be booked online here.

Can I bring a group or daycare to the pool during open swim hours?2017-08-21T17:38:51-07:00

Yes, any and all groups are welcome at the facility. A Group Use Form must be completed and submitted at the time of entry, which will provide staff with the number and skill level of swimmers as well as staff attending. The Group Use Form also outlines the expectations of staff supervision during the visit.

How old do you have to be to visit the pool unsupervised?2017-03-07T03:06:26-07:00

Children must be at least eight years old and be a skilled swimmer to visit the Palm Island Family Aquatic Park unaccompanied by an adult.

Can I bring outside food or drink into the pool facility?2017-05-05T23:43:17-07:00

No outside food or drink is allowed inside of the Palm Island Family Aquatic Park. If there is a special need or dietary restriction, please consult with management staff on-site. The facility offers a variety of pre-packaged food and drink concessions that are available for purchase during open swim hours.

How do I become a lifeguard?2017-03-04T04:52:57-07:00

Anyone interested in becoming a lifeguard must enroll in the lifeguard training course or have an existing Red Cross lifeguard certification, and should apply in the spring through the City website. Applicants must pass the class as well as the skills test, which includes an uninterrupted 300 yard swim, two minute water tread, and a 20 yard brick retrieval.

How much do swim lessons cost?2017-03-04T04:48:31-07:00

Swim lessons are provided in four different sessions throughout the summer. Each session lasts two weeks and includes six classes. All swim lessons are 30 minutes in duration and cost $15 per participant.

Are scholarships offered for swim lessons?2017-03-04T04:50:37-07:00

Scholarship funds may be available, and require an application be submitted in person at the Recreation Office at the time of registration.

Can I rent the pool for a private event or party?2019-04-15T16:06:22-07:00

Yes, the facility is available for private rentals on select Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings.

Does the library have a fax machine?2017-02-15T22:06:36-07:00

We do not have a public fax at this time. We will refer you to a local office services store.

Does the Library have wi-fi access?2017-02-15T22:05:54-07:00

Yes, we have wireless Internet.

Do you have computers with internet access? What do I need to do to use a computer with internet access?2017-02-15T22:05:12-07:00

The library has public access computers with Internet access.  You need a library card with a pin or a valid government issued photo ID.

How do you get a library card?2017-02-15T22:03:38-07:00

Anyone residing in Pinal County can get a free library card. Just provide a photo id and proof of address. (usually a driver’s license with address, or if it isn’t updated, a photo id with a piece of mail or utility bill)

Does the golf course offer classes or instruction?2017-04-18T22:53:37-07:00

Yes, there is a PGA Certified Instructor who offers lessons at an hourly rate. Private and group lessons are offered. The rate is $35.00 per lesson or $120.00 for a group of four people.

Community Services News and Updates

Tails and Tales Summer Reading 2021

June 1 @ 8:00 am - July 17 @ 5:00 pm

Teen Anime Club with Ms. Renee

June 16 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm

Poetry for Teens Intimidated by Poetry

June 17 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm

Special Event Application

Community Services Director
Steve Hardesty

1905 N. Peart Rd.
Casa Grande, AZ 85122

(520) 421-8677


To find more contact info, visit the Directory Page.

Community Recreation Center Hours

Monday – Thursday: 6:00 am – 10:00 am / 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Friday: 6:00 am – 10:00 am

Administrative Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm

To view the prices for upcoming classes and lessons, please visit the ActiveNet portal.

For all fees visit the City Fee Schedule.

Go to Top