Alert: **Landfill Closure Notice** Please be advised the Landfill is closed due to inclement weather. For more information, call (520) 421-8628.

Your SEO optimized title
Facilities, Parks and Trails2021-04-22T10:33:37-07:00

Facilities, Parks, and Trails

The City of Casa Grande is home to 19 parks, 17 miles of trails, and many sports fields and open spaces.  These vital amenities provide the community with access to a number of year round outdoor recreational opportunities.  For more information regarding the City’s facilities, parks, and trails, please click on the appropriate tab.


The City of Casa Grande operates and maintains several facilities for residents of all ages. Click the arrow for more information on each of the facilities below.

North Mountain Park

Photo of North Mountain Park
Work Phone: (520) 421-8677

The North Mountain Park is home to 3 reservable ramadas, 16 first come/first serve ramadas, 5 restrooms, 1 barbecue pit, fire pits, natural surface trails and one-night camping is available with a reservation and key deposit.

North Mountain Park Map Trails 


The Parks Division oversees 19 parks and numerous outdoor spaces, including neighborhood, community, and regional parks. Click the arrow for more information on each of the parks below.


The City of Casa Grande has several hiking and biking trails .

Directions to Peart Rd Trail head:

  • I-10  East to Exit 198 , Jimmie Kerr Blvd,
  • Turn Right (West) on Jimmie Kerr Blvd, continue West to Peart Road
  • Turn Left (South) on Peart Road
  • Continue South on Peart Road, under I-8 overpass, road curves East than South to base of Mtn
  • Turn Left (East)  on unpaved road to trailhead

Directions to Arica Rd Trail head:

  • I-10  East to Exit 200, Sunland Gin Road,
  • Turn Right (South) on Sunland Gin Road, continue South, just past Love’s Truck Stop
  • Turn Right (West) on Arica Road
  • Continue West on Arica, past Lamb Road stop sign, West until pavement ends
  • Continue West on unpaved Arica Road until the base of Casa Grande Mountain
What do ramadas include?2017-07-13T23:15:45-07:00
  • Ramadas are reserved as is. Most ramadas are equipped with electricity, picnic tables, grills, play equipment or other amenities.
  • The Parks and Recreation Divisions do not guarantee the availability of power due to overloading, malfunctions, or vandalism.
  • Picnic tables in the park are available on a first come, first served basis. We cannot guarantee the placement of tables due to the mobility of this equipment.
  • Barbecue grills are provided throughout the parks for your enjoyment. Open-pit fires are prohibited.
Are there restroom facilities?2017-07-13T23:14:44-07:00

Park restrooms are open from approximately 7 am to dusk. Keys are available with a park reservation with a $60 key deposit (cash or check). Keys can be picked up the business day before the event, deposit returned upon keys being returned.

Are inflatables or vendors allowed in the parks?2017-07-13T23:14:00-07:00
  • Personally owned inflatables are not permitted in City parks.
  • Park users must use a vendor that meets City requirements (City business license and certificate of liability insurance). Park users must notify the Parks and Recreation Office at least a week prior to reservation date.
  • No water. Inflatables that require water such as slip & slides, dunk tanks, water tag, water balloons, etc. are not permitted.
  • Autos, trucks, vans or other motorized vehicles may not be driven in/on or parked upon any off-the-road area (City Ordinance #12.04.160).
  • There shall be no sale of any kind of goods in the park without prior approval from the Community Services Director and business authorization obtained from the City. In addition, the Community Services Director may require additional information such as Certificate of Liability Insurance, additional deposits, etc. (City Ordinance #12.04.020).
What happens if there are fires, trash, and vandalism?2017-07-13T23:12:43-07:00
  • The areas reserved shall be left in an orderly condition and all papers, rubbish and other debris shall be deposited in the proper receptacles. (City Ordinance #12.04.040, #12.04.100).
  • No glass allowed in any park. (City Ordinance #12.04.110).
  • There shall be no cutting of any vegetation or mutilation of trees or shrubs.
  • No fires shall be made in the park except in designated fireplaces or fire rings as approved by the Community Services Director.
  • Damage and/or litter to facilities may result in charges and may jeopardize your privilege to make future reservations. If you see vandalism in a park area or facility, please call 911, Park Rangers at 520-421-8700, or the Parks and Recreation Office at 520-421-8677.
What constitutes a special event?2017-07-13T23:11:06-07:00

Events open to the public or private events utilizing vendor services and specialty items, such as catering, event organizers, rock walls, game booths, canopies/tents 10′ x 10′ or larger, dog shows, or anything City staff determines as having risk potential will be assessed utilizing the special event process. Please contact the office for an application.

Are alcoholic beverages allowed?2017-07-13T23:09:31-07:00

Consumption of alcoholic beverages within Peart, O’Neil, Nutt and Elliott Park require a permit. Permits are free and issued to the responsible party for the event. Permits must be obtained in person at the Parks & Recreation Office.

Can we have live or amplified music?2017-07-13T23:08:54-07:00

There shall be no amplified music without prior approval from the Community Services Director (City Ordinance 12.04.040)

  • There are three parks (Dave White, Peart, and Villago) in which amplified music is currently allowed with certain restrictions. In all cases, noise levels within all parks must remain at an acceptable level.
  • All amplified music must cease by 8:00 pm at Dave White Park and Villago Community Park, and by 10:30 at Peart Park.
  • Music must be kept at a reasonable level to avoid disturbance to other park users and nearby residents.
  • Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in loss of amplified music privileges.
Which parks have a first come, first serve policy?2017-07-13T23:06:22-07:00
  • Albert Cruz Park
  • Burruss Park
  • Gilbert Park
  • Mosley Park
  • North Mountain Park
  • Rancho Grande Park
  • Rotary Park
  • West Park
Which parks are reservable?2017-07-13T23:04:53-07:00
  • Carr McNatt Park
  • Ed Hooper Rodeo Park
  • Elzy Pearson Shooting Range
  • Dave White Regional Park
  • North Mountain Park
  • O’Neil Park
  • Peart Park
  • Villago Community Park
Can I receive a refund if there was bad weather?2017-07-13T23:02:35-07:00

No refunds are issued. If your event is rained out, please contact our office within three working days to receive credit and reschedule your event.

Credits can be applied to other reservation fees and/or other recreation program fees.

Are motorized vehicles allowed on Casa Grande Mountain?2017-05-04T18:32:42-07:00

No, the trail system on Casa Grande Mountain is only for use by hiking, biking, and equestrian means. The use of motorized vehicles is forbidden and posted on-site.

How do I reserve a facility for an event or special occasion?2017-07-13T22:59:17-07:00

A number of City facilities are available to be rented for private uses. For a complete listing of the facilities, dates of availability, and prices, please contact the Recreation Office at (520) 421-8677.

Local groups may reserve a city park by notifying the Parks & Recreation Office no less than seven days prior to the date of use, although the more notice we can be given, the better your chances are of securing a park.

We strive to make our programs, parks, activities, and facilities accessible to all. Please let us know what accommodations you require to make your participation more enjoyable.

Park areas may be closed for service or maintenance. Please contact the Parks & Recreation Office if you have any questions.

Where are the trailheads for Casa Grande Mountain?2017-07-05T18:04:15-07:00

Casa Grande Mountain has two trailheads that hikers may use to access the trail system.  The northern Peart Road Trailhead can be found at 1086 S. Peart Rd. The second trailhead, known as the Arica Road Trailhead, is located on the eastern portion of the mountain and can be accessed at 2090 E. Arica Rd. Click here to view the Casa Grande Mountain Trail Map.

Am I allowed to bring my dog to an event in a park?2017-05-04T16:46:18-07:00

Dogs are allowed in all City parks as long as they are on leash and properly supervised.  Pet owners are responsible for cleanup of their animals.

I am interested in holding a special event in Casa Grande. What do I need to do?2017-04-18T23:57:48-07:00

To host a special event in a public place or park in the City of Casa Grande, please contact our Recreation Office to obtain a Special Event Permit Application.  Once this application is submitted, a meeting will be scheduled with the applicant and members of major City Departments to discuss the event and any request that may be made for City support.  Meetings are scheduled on the first and third Thursdays of each month and applicants are required to attend.  For more information, contact our Recreation Office at (520) 421-8677.

How do I reserve a sports field or open space?2017-04-18T23:46:17-07:00

To reserve a sports field or open space, please visit the Recreation Office and obtain a Field Request form. This form lists all fees and requirements for use of City fields. Fees vary based on desired use and field preparation request. Lights are included in the hourly fee for field use and will be scheduled with a 15 minute grace period following the end of the rental. The Field Request form must be completed in full with payment at the time of reservation. To check availability of fields, please contact the Recreation Office at (520) 421-8677.

How do I reserve a park ramada?2017-04-18T23:46:36-07:00

The City allows ramadas to be reserved in any City park that also has a restroom amenity. Reservations can be made over the phone or in-person. There is a fee of $6.25 per hour to reserve a ramada and a minimum of a four hour reservation is required. Payment is due at the time of reservation and a notice of seven business days is required for all reservations. To check availability or to reserve a ramada, please contact the Recreation Office at (520) 421-8677.

Facilities, Parks & Trails News and Updates

Hike CG Mountain

To find contact info for the City’s facilities, parks, and trails, visit the Directory Page.

Most City Parks close at 11:00 pm (City Ordinance 12.04.020)

Mountain Parks have dawn to dusk hours.

Contact the office for hours of specific locations.

Go to Top