Public Works

Public Works 2020-01-17T11:00:36-07:00

In observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day, Trash Collection will not be running and the Landfill will be closed on Monday, January 20th, 2020.

Holiday Hours

Public Works

The Public Works Department provides general direction to the Public Works divisions and services to support city staff and is comprised of 8 divisions:

  • Administration: Support to the Public Works divisions and customer service requests
  • Airport: Airport Operations and Maintenance
  • Engineering: Infrastructure Systems & Traffic Engineering
  • Facilities Maintenance: Maintain City owned buildings
  • Fleet Services: Maintenance of all City vehicles and equipment
  • Sanitation: Trash pickup, Sewer, and Landfill
  • Streets: Streets Maintenance, Signals, Signs, Striping, Sweepers, and Grading
  • Wastewater: Collection, Treatment & Recharge of the City’s Wastewater

The Public Works Department is also responsible for the administration of the Copper Mountain Ranch Water Company.

Public Works Mission Statement

The mission of the Public Works Department is to provide reliable, cost-effective, friendly customer service in the areas of infrastructure, public services, technical standards, design services, engineering studies, and long-term planning.

Engineering Division

The Engineering Division is responsible for the implementation of the Capital Improvement Program relating to storm drains, drainage, streets, and traffic signals. The Division provides inspection services responding to City departments, City officials, citizens, developers, and contractor inquiries. as well as oversees the construction of traffic signals and proper traffic control for the City of Casa Grande.

Engineering Mission Statement

The mission of the Engineering Division is to provide safe and efficient infrastructure systems and to operate and maintain them, to provide upgrades and additions to the City’s infrastructure system to accommodate growth, and to provide technical advice and guidance to the public and City management.

Sanitation Division

The Sanitation Division provides residents and businesses with trash collection services and operates the City landfill. Services are provided through six work groups including residential container collection, uncontained trash collection,  commercial front-load collection, commercial roll-off collection, and landfill operations.

  • Residential trash collection services
  • Commercial trash collection services
  • Landfill drop-off services

Sanitation Mission Statement

The mission of the Sanitation Division is to provide customer oriented, environmentally safe and cost-effective sanitation services to City residents and businesses.

To start new trash services please visit the Start New Services page or contact the Finance Department.

Landfill Maps

Landfill Service Area

Landfill Site Map

Please be advised that if the ground is wet and muddy it is safer to avoid the landfill until the ground is stable, eliminating the possibility of getting stuck.

Streets Division

The goal of the Streets Division is to provide well maintained public right-of-ways to ensure the safe movement of vehicle and pedestrian traffic.

Streets Mission Statement

The mission of the Streets Division is to maintain all City street infrastructures, including curbs, gutters, sidewalks, streets, streetlights, traffic signals and signs in a safe condition and in a cost effective manner.

New Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon

Wastewater Division

The Wastewater Division is responsible for the collection, treatment, and recharge of the City’s wastewater. In 2016, the City’s wastewater plant treated 1.8 billion gallons of wastewater to A+ water quality.

Wastewater Mission Statement

The mission of the Wastewater Division is to provide and maintain an effluent that meets or exceeds all Federal, State, and local regulations, to maintain an efficient collection system through scheduled cleanings and inspections that adequately serve its customers, and monitor industrial dischargers into the system.

While the program is suspended, are there other locations where I can take recyclable materials?

A list of alternative recycling locations is below:

Casa Grande Recycling Options:

City of Casa Grande Landfill
5200 ChuiChu Rd.
Scrap Metals, Appliances, Electronic-Waste, Paints
Monday – Saturday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
(520) 421-8628

Recycle Cans and Plastics
852 West Gila Bend Highway
Cans and Clear Plastics only
(520) 560-5711

Timeless Recycling
401 W. Main Ave
Aluminum Cans, Plastic #1, Copper, Brass, Electrical Wire, Christmas Lights, Batteries
(520) 836-2075

Wellington Salvage
1429 N Grant Ave
Aluminum Cans, Aluminum, Electronic, Metals, Pallets
(520) 413-0839

Pinal County Recycling Drop-Off Locations:

Pinal County Environmental Services

Apache Junction
Recycling & Indoor Waste Transfer Station
3755 S. Royal Palm Rd.
6:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
7:00 am – 4:00 pm, Saturday
(480) 983-9100

Arizona City
Pinal County District 1 Maintenance Yard
7946 W. Battaglia Dr.
5:00 am – 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday
(480) 983-9100

Main Street Park
22nd Street and Main

Pinal County Recycle Center
12725 E. Adamsville Road
7:00 am – 2:30 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 
Closed weekends and holidays.
(520) 866-6685

Maricopa, City of
RAD Maricopa Facility
46250 W. McDavid Road
Maricopa, AZ 85139
Open Saturdays only 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
(480) 983-9100

San Tan Valley
Pinal County Sheriff Station
3655 E. Hunt Hwy, San Tan Valley
5:30 am – 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday
(480) 983-9100

*Subject to change

Will the recycling program be reinstated? 2019-06-17T16:28:15-07:00

The city has been in discussions with potential vendors who may be able to provide recycling services in the future. We are also working to find other potential processors and end users for these materials.

What do I do with my blue recycling bins once recycling is suspended? 2019-06-17T16:27:51-07:00

City workers will not be collecting the blue recycling bins after the last scheduled recycling pick up. You may keep the blue bins or bring them to:

Public Works North Operations Center
3181 N. Lear Avenue
Casa Grande, AZ 85122

If a customer keeps their blue bin, recycling materials will not be picked up after a customer’s last recycling pickup date.

If we kept the recycling program, how much more would I pay? 2019-06-17T16:26:35-07:00

Keeping the recycling program would have added about $3 a month to all trash and sewer bills regardless of whether a customer took part in the recycling program.

How many customers use the recycling program? 2019-06-17T16:26:05-07:00

About 26% of customers take part in the city’s recycling program.

How much more would the recycling program cost the city? 2019-06-17T16:25:38-07:00

In 2018, a vendor paid the city $18 a ton for our recycled materials. Our lowest bid this year would have required the city to pay a vendor $67 per ton for recycled materials, plus cover the cost of transportation and a fine of $50 a ton if a load was contaminated with non-recyclable material.

Why is the city suspending the recycling program? 2019-06-17T16:24:44-07:00

The cost of recycling programs for municipalities has increased substantially after China, the largest buyer of recycled materials, announced it was limiting imports due to environmental concerns. You can read more about the effect China’s new policy is having on the U.S. recycling market here and here. As a result, it’s becoming too expensive to collect, transport, and process recycled materials that have little or no market value.

When will the program be suspended? 2019-06-17T16:24:07-07:00

Recycling pickups will be suspended as of July 1, 2019. Notices of the last pickup date will be placed in the blue recycling bins prior to the last pickup.

What is the status of the city’s recycling program? 2019-06-17T16:23:38-07:00

The city is suspending the current recycling program until a more effective, efficient, and economically viable means of recycling is found to replace the current program.

Does the City provide inspection services for citizens, developers, and contractor inquiries? 2019-08-01T08:35:10-07:00

Please call Public Works at (520) 421-8625 or submit an online service request and we will try to direct you to the appropriate department.

Complete the Request a Building Inspection form online building inspections.

How do I report traffic signal timing issue? 2019-07-31T20:26:16-07:00

Please call Public Works at (520) 421-8625) or use our online system to report an issue.

Who can I contact to report Street issues on ADOT maintained road or streets maintenance? 2018-02-06T10:50:11-07:00

ADOT has a maintenance facility in Casa Grande and can be reached at (520) 836-2240.

ADOT maintains Pinal Ave/Hwy 387 and Florence Blvd underpass where it turns into Gila Bend Hwy also known as Hwy 84.

Who is responsible for the water retention basins? 2017-08-24T15:55:29-07:00

Home Owners Associations are responsible for the water retention basins in their developments. The retentions basins are meant to retain the water to help keep the roads from flooding in the areas.

If you are experiencing a mosquito issue due to standing water you can call Pinal County Environmental Health at 1-866-287-0209 or (520) 866-7066.

You may also report the area online via the Pinal County Website.

Where can I find the street sweeping schedule? 2017-08-24T15:39:45-07:00

You can enter your address to find your scheduled service days on the Street Sweeping Map.

You can download or view the schedule here.

Are sandbags available for residents during potential heavy rains? 2017-08-24T15:37:40-07:00

Sand is available at the Public Works SOC (South Operating Center) located at 314 E. 1st Please note that bags are not available – only sand. Residents are encouraged to bring their own heavy duty bags and shovel. Bags can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowe’s.

Sand and bags are available to the public at the NOC (North Operating Center) 3181 N. Lear Ave. Please note that bags are limited to 20 per household. We ask that you always be prepared and bring your own garbage bags, sand bags, ties, and shovels. Bags can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowe’s.

How do I report a sidewalk issue? 2019-07-31T20:27:08-07:00

Please call Public Works at (520) 421-8625 or use our online system to report an issue.

How do I report a pothole? 2019-07-31T20:28:42-07:00

Please call Public Works at (520) 421-8625 or use our online system to report an issue.

Who can I contact for issues with sewer roaches? 2019-07-31T20:29:30-07:00

The City can spray the manholes near homes experiencing sewer roaches. If you continue to have a problem we recommend that you call a pest control company to treat the home.  Please call Public Works at (520) 421-8625 or use our online system to report an issue.

Where can I report sewer odor? 2019-07-31T20:30:00-07:00

Please call Public Works at (520) 421-8625 or use our online system to report an issue.

Where can I dump my RV wastewater in Casa Grande? 2017-08-24T15:29:56-07:00

The wastewater treatment facility no longer has a manhole accessible to the public per EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) restrictions. For a list of current locations in Arizona see the following link http://www.rvdumps.com/arizona/

What will the city do if I am experiencing a sewer back up? 2017-08-24T15:29:15-07:00

The City will check the main sewer line before you call a plumber. The City is responsible for the main sewer line. The property owner is responsible from the tap in of the main sewer line to the home.

I am experiencing a Sewer Backup Problem, what do I do? 2017-08-24T15:28:32-07:00

If you are experiencing sewer backup problems, please call the Public Works Facility at (520) 421-8625 during business hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, after hours please call the Police Department at (520) 421-8700.

Where can I get information about the quality of my water in the CMR service area? 2018-01-23T15:13:29-07:00

All water reports for Copper Mountain Ranch water company will be in the documents tab here.

How do I pay or make changes to my CMR water bill? 2017-08-24T15:25:50-07:00

Please contact the Finance Department at (520) 421-8601.

I have a water leak, who do I report it to? 2019-08-01T08:39:35-07:00

If you are located in the Casa Grande service area it is likely that you have service through Arizona Water Company, please contact them at (520) 836-8785.

If you have Copper Mountain Ranch Water Company please contact Public Works at (520) 421-8625 or email or use our online system to report an issue.

Who do I contact for Copper Mountain Ranch Water Company? 2017-08-24T15:21:14-07:00
  • For service issues please call (520) 421-8625
  • For after Hours Water Issues (520) 421-8700
  • For billing please contact the Finance Department at (520) 421-8601
How do I sign up to receive CMR water service? 2017-08-24T15:19:57-07:00

Please contact the Finance department to set up your billing account.

Does the City or the landfill accept refrigerators or other appliances with Freon? 2017-08-25T12:03:45-07:00

The City will collect refrigerators or other appliances with Freon for residents only. Please call to schedule the collection of your items prior to the date of your zone’s uncontained scheduled service. Please note that there will be a $30 fee applied to your account to recover the cost of Freon removal. Residents may also dispose of appliances at the landfill provided that you understand there is a $30 fee due at time of disposal to recover the cost of the Freon removal unless; the appliance has been labeled certified by AHRI/UL to meet EPA’s minimum requirements for recycling and/or recovery equipment. The landfill accepts the following forms of payment; cash, check, visa or master card.

What do I need in order to dispose items at the landfill? 2017-08-24T15:14:33-07:00

Please provide a current trash and sewer utility bill; you must be current on your account. You will also be asked to provide your driver’s license.

How do I report what I believe to be illegal dumping in my alley? 2019-08-01T08:40:35-07:00

Please use our online system to report an issue of code violations. For more information on code violations click here.

What materials are not accepted in the uncontained trash collection? 2017-08-24T15:00:33-07:00

For a complete list of materials and guidelines please refer to the Landfill Rules & Guidelines.

What can I do with large items that won’t fit into my trash or recycling container? 2019-08-01T08:40:03-07:00

Schedule an uncontained bulk item collection. Please call (520) 421-8625 or use our online system to report an issue no later than Friday at 4:00 pm prior to the scheduled service date in your zone.

Is there a fee for a replacement container? 2017-08-24T14:56:01-07:00

There is no fee to replace your container. Public Works will replace damaged containers with a used container that is in better condition or they will attempt to repair your container.

How do I get my damaged trash container replaced? 2019-08-01T08:40:59-07:00

Please contact the Public Works Department to request a replacement container at (520) 421-8625 or use our online system to report an issue.

Where can I find a map with my trash collection service days and zone? 2018-02-06T11:02:43-07:00
How do I report a graffiti issue? 2019-08-01T08:46:51-07:00

Use our online system to report an issue, or call the Casa Grande Police Department at (520) 421-8700. If you have any information that would lead to the identification of “taggers” and want to remain anonymous you can call Silent Witness at (520) 836-2100.

For other information about the graffiti abatement program please call (520) 421-8711 ext. 6570.

Do I need to notify anyone to stop my services if I am moving or selling my home? 2017-08-24T14:46:12-07:00

You will need to contact the Finance department to stop your billing at (520) 421-8601, or in person at 510 E. Florence Blvd Building B., or by email at accountinfo@casagrandeaz.gov.

Who is responsible for trimming trees? 2017-08-24T15:41:19-07:00

The City Of Casa Grande is responsible for trees that are part of roadway landscaping owned by the City. Homeowners and Home Owner Associations are responsible for trees on their property or in common areas within a subdivision. City Code requires the property owner to care for and maintain their trees growing in or adjacent to the public right-of-way.

For more information please see the Tree Trimming Guide.

How do I report a problem with a traffic signal? 2019-08-01T08:46:16-07:00

The City of Casa Grande is responsible for 33 traffic signals located in the city limits, however, ADOT is responsible for traffic signals that are located on state highways within the city limits, such as those along Pinal Ave and Florence Blvd East of Interstate 10. To report a problem with a city traffic signal you can use the city’s online system to report an issue. To report a problem with an ADOT traffic signal please call 520-838-2841.

How do I report a street light out? 2019-08-01T08:41:47-07:00

You can report a street light out by using the city’s online system to report an issue. or by calling 520-421-8625. Please provide a thorough description of the location such as closest address, nearest cross streets.

How does the City determine which streets to schedule for preventive maintenance work? 2017-08-10T23:26:58-07:00

A computerized pavement management system is used to store the condition data of all roads. The system utilizes a computer model, which predicts the proper time to perform preventive maintenance work.  Staff then inspects the roadways proposed by the system and determines which will be treated based on available funding.

Is there a restaurant on the airfield? 2017-08-10T23:22:38-07:00

The Foxtrot Café is located inside the Airport Terminal Building:

  • Foxtrot Café – (520) 858-4577
  • Hours of Operation:
    • Monday – Saturday 6:30 am – 2:00 pm
    • Closed Sundays
Is there a flight school on the airfield? 2018-06-11T08:41:23-07:00

We currently do not have any flight schools based locally at our airport.

Are there plane maintenance services on the airfield? 2018-02-06T10:42:28-07:00

Yes, there are 2 General Aviation Maintenance facilities on the Airfield:

  • Dogbone Aviation – Steve Hartwell – (602) 882-1940
  • The Plane Man – Merle Forsythe – (520) 431-1433
Does the airport have a negotiated rate with any hotels in Casa Grande? 2017-08-10T23:19:11-07:00

The airport does not have any discounted rates with hotels.

Are there any hotels in Casa Grande who provide Shuttle Service? 2017-08-10T23:18:07-07:00

No hotels in the Casa Grande area provides shuttle services to the airport.

Does the airport have Rental Cars? 2017-08-10T23:17:15-07:00

There are Hertz and Enterprise branches locally in Casa Grande. You will need to call the rental car service of your choice directly:

  • Hertz (520) 421-9060
  • Enterprise (520) 836-9050
How do I set up after-hours, and is there a Fee? 2017-08-10T23:16:00-07:00

After-Hours services can be arranged by calling the Airport Terminal Desk at (520) 436-3616. Leave a detailed message if necessary.  The After-Hours Fee is $150 for the first two hours and $75 for every hour thereafter.  (Public Safety Operations are exempt from the After-Hours Fee)

What is the after-hours phone number? 2017-08-10T23:14:42-07:00

The after-hours phone number is 520-251-3366.

Can I reach Flight Service from the ground? 2017-08-10T23:13:28-07:00

No, you cannot reach Flight Service from the ground. You can call Flight Service on a landline or cell phone from the ground, but, if you are communicating over the on-board radio, you will need to call after takeoff at altitude.

Does the Airport have Ramp Parking and/or Overnight Fee’s 2017-08-10T23:10:54-07:00

Please refer to the City’s Fee Schedule for updated fees.

Does the Airport have Landing Fee’s? 2017-08-10T23:09:58-07:00

No, the airport does not charge landing fees.

What is the Length of your Runway? 2017-08-10T23:09:19-07:00

The existing Runway 05-23 is 5,200 feet in length and 100 feet wide. Beginning at the Runway 5 threshold, the runway slopes uphill from an elevation of 1445 to an elevation of 1462 at the runway 23 threshold. This location is the high point of the runway.

What are your current Fuel Prices? 2017-08-16T20:47:45-07:00

Please refer to AirNav for updated fuel prices.

Do you have a Crew Car, or Taxi Services? 2017-08-10T23:07:00-07:00

No, the airport does not supply a taxi service. However, there are a number of Taxi operations in the local area of Casa Grande, in addition to Lyft and Uber drivers.

How do I start new sewer and trash services? 2017-09-01T14:22:58-07:00

The Finance Department will need to set up your account first before we begin services. Click here to begin the process or contact the Finance Department:

How do I pay a bill? 2018-03-15T08:46:23-07:00

The Financial Services Division prepares billings for all city services customers including wastewater, sanitation, irrigation, landfill, airport leases, animal licenses, business licenses, other miscellaneous services and the Copper Mountain Water Company.

Payment Methods:

  1. Pay your bill online
  2. Pay over the phone – Payments can be made using Visa, MasterCard or E-check by calling our bi-lingual 24/7 call center at 855-748-1071. Please have the account number and service address information available for verification.
  3. USPS Mail – Bills sent out to all customers contain a section to be torn off. Return this section with your payment of check or money order to the preprinted address using the provided return envelope.
  4. Automatic Deduction – Payments can automatically be deducted from your checking account using our Autodraft system. Payments are deducted on or around the 20th of each month. To start taking advantage of the convenience of automatic payments, print and complete the form and send it to us, along with a voided check from the bank account of your choice. The Autodraft form and voided check can be sent via mail, email or fax number 520-421-8603.

Mail the form to:
City of Casa Grande
Attn: Finance/Autodraft
510 E. Florence Blvd.
Casa Grande, AZ 85122

Why fly CGZ? 2017-07-05T21:41:04-07:00
  • Non-towered
  • Easy access to airport
  • Plenty of ramp space
  • Close to casinos/shopping
  • No landing fees
I am remodeling my home, can I rent a large dumpster from the City? 2017-08-24T15:18:25-07:00

Yes! Please contact the City of Casa Grande Landfill at (520) 421-8628 for information on roll-off or 30-yard container. Contact Public Works at (520) 421-8625 for a 6-yard container. Rental fee rates and sizes of available containers may vary.

Does the City of Casa Grande Landfill accept glass for recycling? 2017-03-27T21:10:19-07:00

No, the City of Casa Grande Landfill does not accept glass for recycling. You may take the glass to RAD Maricopa Waste and Recycling Center, located at 46250 West McDavid Road, Maricopa, AZ 85139.

Will the City of Casa Grande Landfill accept clean soil and fill material? 2017-08-25T12:01:16-07:00

The landfill will accept clean soil and other inert fill material such as asphalt millings or ABC gravel – for Residents only.

Does the City of Casa Grande Landfill accept batteries, latex water based paint, fluorescent light bulbs, and electronic equipment? 2017-03-27T21:07:37-07:00

The City of Casa Grande Landfill will accept these separated materials (batteries, latex water based paint, fluorescent light bulbs, and electronic equipment) for recycling for residents only.

Where can I dispose of my lancettes/sharps? 2017-03-27T21:05:14-07:00

The City of Casa Grande Landfill does not accept diabetic lancettes or sharps. Please call Healthcare Medical Waste at (520) 316-9207 for disposal.

Where can I recycle my motor oil? 2017-03-27T21:03:10-07:00

The City does not dispose of or recycle used motor oil or antifreeze. Checker Auto, Auto Zone, O’Reilly Auto Parts, and Pep Boys will accept used motor oil from residents for recycling.

Does the City of Casa Grande Landfill accept tires? 2017-03-27T21:01:30-07:00

The City of Casa Grande Landfill does not accept tires. Please call Pinal County Waste Tire Collection at (520) 866-6685 for information on how you can dispose of your tires.

Public Works News and Updates

Report an Issue

Director of Public Works
Kevin Louis

North Operations Center
3181 N. Lear Avenue
Casa Grande, AZ  85122

(520) 421-8625


To find more contact info visit the Directory Page.

Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm

Airport Terminal
Monday – Friday
6:00 am – 4:00 pm

Monday – Saturday
7:00 am – 4:00 pm

Commercial Container Cleaning – $135.00

Container Pickup or Delivery fee (per time) – $30.00

Sanitation Residential Family & Multi-Family Monthly Rate – $23.15/ per unit

For all fees visit the City Fee Schedule.