- Your Government
- Community Services
- Facilities, Parks & Trails
Facilities, Parks & Trails
The City of Casa Grande is home to 19 parks, 17 miles of trails, and many sports fields and open spaces. These vital amenities provide the community with access to a number of year round outdoor recreational opportunities. For more information regarding the City’s facilities, parks, and trails, please click on the appropriate tab below.
Facility Reservations for fields and ramada’s are accepted online or at the front desk of the CRC, 1905 N. Peart Road. Payment is required at the time of reservation.
The Parks Division oversees 19 parks and numerous outdoor spaces, including neighborhood, community, and regional parks.
- Gated Facilities: Require a reservation seven (7) business days in advance for practice and games.
- Non-Gated Facilities: Require a reservation one (1) business day in advance for practice. Games require a reservation seven (7) business days in advance
- Grande Sports World: Require a reservation seven (7) business days in advance for practice and games. Reservations for this facility require scheduling through the Recreation Office, email CommunityServices@casagrandeaz.gov
- Tournaments: Require a Tournament reservation *application.
- Leagues: Rentals for an organized league are required to submit a league application. Contact Community Services for more information or to request the application
Field maintenance will only be scheduled for games and must have seven (7) days’ notice. Field maintenance is not provided for practices.
Fees & Lights
All fees include field rental and lights. Fees are paid at the time of reservation for practices and games
|Practices Non-gated facility||$8 per hour, per field|
|Practices gated facility||$12 per hour, per field|
|Games (all fields)||$14 per hour, per field|
|Open Space - practice (half field)||$8 per hour|
|Open Space - practice (full field)||$12 per hour|
For tournaments, Leagues, and Associations, submit the League & Tournament Application to Community Services
The City of Casa Grande has several hiking and biking trails.
Casa Grande Mountain Trails Map
Directions to Peart Road Trailhead
- I-10 East to Exit 198, Jimmie Kerr Boulevard
- Turn Right (West) on Jimmie Kerr Boulevard, continue West to Peart Road
- Turn Left (South) on Peart Road
- Continue South on Peart Road, under I-8 overpass, road curves East than South to base of Mtn
- Turn Left (East) on unpaved road to trailhead
Directions to Arica Road Trailhead
- I-10 East to Exit 200, Sunland Gin Road,
- Turn Right (South) on Sunland Gin Road, continue South, just past Love's Truck Stop
- Turn Right (West) on Arica Road
- Continue West on Arica, past Lamb Road stop sign, West until pavement ends
- Continue West on unpaved Arica Road until the base of Casa Grande Mountain
- Are inflatables or vendors allowed in the parks?
Contact Community Services for an approved list of vendors.
- Personally owned inflatables are not permitted in City parks.
- Park users must use a vendor that meets City requirements (City business license and certificate of liability insurance). Park users must notify the Parks and Recreation Office at least a week prior to the reservation date.
- No water. Inflatables that require water such as slip and slides, dunk tanks, water tags, water balloons, etc. are not permitted.
- Autos, trucks, vans, or other motorized vehicles may not be driven in/on or parked in any off-the-road area (City Ordinance 12.04.160).
- There shall be no sale of any kind of goods in the park without prior approval from the Community Services Director and business authorization obtained from the City. In addition, the Community Services Director may require additional information such as Certificate of Liability Insurance, additional deposits, etc. (City Ordinance 12.04.020).
- What happens if there are fires, trash, and vandalism?
Residents who see a non-emergency issue that needs to be addressed or code violations are encouraged to report it through SeeClickFix.
- The areas reserved shall be left in an orderly condition and all papers, rubbish and other debris shall be deposited in the proper receptacles. (City Ordinance 12.04.040, 12.04.100).
- No glass is allowed in any park. (City Ordinance 12.04.110).
- There shall be no cutting of any vegetation or mutilation of trees or shrubs.
- No fires shall be made in the park except in designated fireplaces or fire rings as approved by the Community Services Director.
- Damage and/or litter to facilities may result in charges and may jeopardize your privilege to make future reservations. If you see vandalism in a park area or facility, please call 911, Park Rangers at 520-421-8700, or the Parks and Recreation Office at 520-421-8677.
- Are alcoholic beverages allowed?
Consumption of alcoholic beverages within Peart, O'Neil, Nutt, and Elliott Park requires a permit. Permits are free and issued to the responsible party for the event. Permits must be obtained in person at the Parks and Recreation Office.
- Can we have live or amplified music?
There shall be no amplified music without prior approval from the Community Services Director (City Ordinance 12.04.040)
- There are three parks (Dave White, Peart, and Villago) in which amplified music is currently allowed with certain restrictions. In all cases, noise levels within all parks must remain at an acceptable level.
- All amplified music must cease by 8 pm at Dave White Park and Villago Community Park, and by 10:30 at Peart Park.
- Music must be kept at a reasonable level to avoid disturbance to other park users and nearby residents.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in loss of amplified music privileges.
- Are motorized vehicles allowed on Casa Grande Mountain?
No, the trail system on Casa Grande Mountain is only for use by hiking, biking, and equestrian means. The use of motorized vehicles is forbidden and posted on-site.
- I am interested in holding a special event in Casa Grande. What do I need to do?
Event organizers planning events with over 150 people in attendance at city parks or on city property are encouraged to complete the Special Events Application and send it to the Community Services Department in order to schedule a meeting with the Special Events Committee.
- How do I reserve a sports field or open space?
Sports Fields and Open Spaces may be reserved at the Community Recreation Center or online. All fees are paid at the time of reservation and include lights. Tournaments, Leagues, and Associations are required to submit a League & Tournament application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I reserve a park ramada?
The City allows ramadas to be reserved in any City park that also has a restroom amenity. Reservations can be made online or in person at the Community Recreation Center, 1905 N Peart Road There is a fee of $6.25 per hour to reserve a ramada and a minimum of a four-hour reservation is required. Payment is due at the time of reservation and a notice of seven business days is required for all reservations. For questions, please contact the Recreation Office at 520-421-8677.