- Does the Casa Grande Fire Department have volunteer fire fighters?
No, the volunteer program is for administrative office duties and Public Education programs.
- Can I paint my fire hydrant or plant shrubbery around it to make it blend in better with my landscape?
The fire hydrants are owned by the Arizona Water Company. You can call them at 520-836-8785 and they will supply the paint to repaint them as they currently are. The colors on top of the hydrant signal the Fire Department as to what size fitting to use for proper connection in case of a fire. You cannot block a fire hydrant in any way with shrubbery or plants. Fire hydrants must be easily accessible.
- Does the Fire Department give out FREE car seats?
No, the Fire Department does not have a car seat program.
- Does the Fire Department replace smoke alarms? What if they are hard wired?
The Fire Department does not replace smoke alarms of any kind. You will need to contact an electrician or handyman for replacements.
- Can I drop off my used sharps to the Fire Stations?
No, we do not take them. Your pharmacist can provide mail back sharps containers when they fill the prescriptions for injectable medications.
- Does the Fire Department send out Fire trucks for Birthday parties?
It is the policy of the Fire Department that we do not send out trucks for birthday parties.
- How can I make sure my Smoke Alarm is working as it should?
A smoke alarm is a device that detects smoke and sounds an alarm to alert people nearby that there is a potential fire. All smoke alarms are pretty much similar in their function but may vary slightly by manufacturer. You can find some basic smoke alarm safety precautions on our Smoke Alarm Safety page.
- Do you have tips on disaster preparedness for families?
Yes, we provide tips for disaster preparedness.
- Do you have tips for businesses to prepare for disasters?
Yes, we provide a helpful guide.